? ?(13)? ?bump Music? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (4 Ratings)??8 Grabs Today. 5115 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?
? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Cli BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, December 6, 2010

Imagine You Were A Little Girl Again

You know we all do it from the time we're little girls


Our hair done up in curls

In our dresses we do twirls

We stop to take a look in the mirror

What do we see, who's standing there

In our bedrooms with a pair of mommy's heels

One day they will fit me, how pretty we all feel


Then we grow up, words thrown our way

You are not pretty, you're a mess they say

We believe every phrase, we give up on the dream

No one cares what I do at least that's how it seems

We forget someone is watching every move we make

The labels I've accepted to be true are fake


Am I who I thought I would be by now

How far have I gone, what will I allow

Sounds like my voice is about to run out

Must I talk and talk or should I shout

What will get my attention, Will I eventually break

All these questions I have with so much at stake


As the sun lays down on the side of the earth

The days getting shorter, my life needs rebirth

Forgive and forget is the only way out

Yes, there are scars but that's what life is about


Don't get caught up in your past, there is so much to come

You know life's not up until our work here is done

Life's not just about the cover of your book

Who do you see when you stop... and really look
























2 comments:

Lori said...

Jamie, you are a phenominal person. Everything I read or hear that you write, it reaches the inner part of my heart. I will always consider you a close and true friend (family).
Love
Lori

JamieLeigh said...

Lori,
thank you so much i can't believe I am just now getting back to you about this but I feel the same about you and your whole family. Hey do me a favor a click on follow for my blog. Then every time I post something it will send it to you!